Thursday, August 8, 2013

Taman Bukit Aup Jubilee Park 石山公园

Opened in March 1993, Jubilee Park has become favorite local place to relax and unwind especially during weekends and public holidays. Phase one of the park covers 8 acres and comprises an observation tower, sky steps, pavilion, amphitheater, landscaped gardens, canteen, lagoon, children's playground and barbecue areas. The lookout tower allow visitors view surrounding plantations, longhouses and the Igan River. The tower is often visited by local Ibans bringing offerings to a benevolent spirit, the Naga Bari, which is believed to help people in need. The park had won the National Landscaping Competition Award In 1997 and 1998 and has also a suspension bridge over a lake.

This park is there for long, I remembered there is one hiking event from school and we walked  from SMB Tung Hua to Taman Bukit Aup. I can't remember how many km but I just recall it is really really far. I have less memories on this park, mainly I visited the place less than 5 times during my stay in Sibu. Even now when I go back to Sibu, I will not think of visiting this place reason being I just have too many stuff to do and don't have much time for this. Perhaps one holiday I should hike there. It is located at Jalan Kuari Sibu Sarawak.

You need to climb some up hill and there is no cover, unlike Bukit Lima Forest. I personally advise do not go during noon time as it is really burning hot if it is a good weather, probably because I cannot stand the heat. Of course if you dun mind on the heat, that will be the best timing for the walk. There are a lot of activities you can do there, jog, walk, enjoy the pond of fishes and also BBQ. 

There is also some rumors said that if you are unlucky you may see haunted stuff especially during night time as local believe that is because there are grave yard nearby this park. :)

Address: Jalan Bkt Aup - Rantau Panjang, 96000 Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia


Guess what is this? This is one of the childhood memories, we used to buy this and is very precious to us during the old time. It is chewing gum and now it is selling at 10 sens per piece.


Video Source: Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment